Libertex's Everyday Pleasures

Friday, February 24, 2006

Panera's Breakfast Souffles

I don't know how long Panera has made these but I just discovered them a few weeks ago. I have gone to Panera periodically for their bagels (Asiago Cheese) or sometimes their Cinnamon Rolls but one day I noticed the souffles. They have two kinds and they only server them for breakfast.

My favorite is the Spinach and Artichoke. If my mother was alive she would be amazed to hear I like anything with spinach in it as it was one of the two foods that I would absolutely refuse to eat as a child or as a teen. But this is incredible! The inside is moist and rich but the crust really sets it apart. I have made quiche at home, I like to experiment with different things but have always used regular pie shells. This souffle reminds me of the best quiche filling you could imagine somehow baked in a side a fresh flaky croissant !

I brought in a few to work a few weeks ago and shared with some of my favorite coworkers. The next week one of them came to tell me off! She had become addicted to them returning 4 times in just 5 days to get one! Since there are Paneras all over town it is fairly easy to find this but I try and ration myself to one every week or so. But when I really one something good, nay exquisite, for breakfast I know where to go.

1 Comments:

  • Hi--

    Those sound delicious! I came across your blog by accident. I typed in everydaypleasures.blogspot.com looking for another blog and came across yours!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Amy

    By Blogger Amy, at 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home